What is there to see in the area?
Castles and gardens of Amsterdam
You are all set to explore the surroundings.
Our dairy farm is located in the Green Heart of Holland, between Utrecht and Amsterdam. We are close to such towns as Vleuten, Haarzuilens, Harmelen, Maarssen, Woerden and Breukelen. Hazenveld Farm is only a short distance from De Haar Castle (2 km) and enchanting Haarzuilens (3km), both of which can be easily reached by bicycle.Hazenveld Farm is the ideal starting point from which to explore the Green Heart and the rest of Holland.
Walking and cycling in the Green Heart of Holland
Green fields, narrow roads, lovely waterways, pollard willows, quaint villages with lively outdoor cafés, windmills on a grassy dyke, grazing cows and orchards in bloom. This is the Green Heart of Holland, a region worth enjoying with the whole family, by bike or on foot.
For your convenience we have composed our own bicycle and walking routes in this magnificent area, all starting at our farm. If this makes you feel like getting on a bike, you can rent one on our premises.
- Long-distance walking and cycle routes (LAW and LF);
- on the long-distance walking path (LAW) Rondom-de-Dom;
- on the Floris-V path;
- The long-distance cycle route LF4 passes close to our camping;
- We always try to save a place for backpackers and cyclists. If you want to be sure of a place to stay, give us a call first so you won't face a full hikers' field.
Within a radius of 20km you will find the lovely river Vecht as well as the lake areas of Vinkeveen, Loosdrecht and Nieuwkoop. The nearest swimming lake is Lake Haarrijn at 6km. In Kockengen is a price winning heated Open air Swimming Pool, your small children will enjoy it (3km).
De Haar Castle and Haarzuilens
From the camping or from your room you will have a view of De Haar Castle and Haarzuilens in the distance. The Castle offers guided tours as well as other activities, for both young and old. For further information, visit their website.
Kockengen windmills, you'll see the first one on your route to the shops! On Saturdays it's possible to visit the windmills of Utrecht area.
- A 45-minute bicycle ride takes you to the heart of the city of Utrecht;
Its canals with their busy quays;
- its Dom Tower;
- the medieval museum quarter with various museums (Nijntje=Miffy house, OrganPipe museum and quaint shops are waiting to welcome you;
- Maximapark (7km) with the famous Butterfly garden, designed by Piet Oudolf.
- Are you planning to visit the Jaarbeurs or a concert at Tivoli Vredenburg? Take a short break and spend the night on our farm.
The Hague and Gouda. This is by far the more comfortable way to visit:
- Amsterdam: Artis Zoo, the Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank House;
- Rotterdam: Blijdorp Zoo or the Netherlands Architecture Institute;
- Utrecht: the Dick Bruna Huis or Museum Speelclock;
- Leiden: National Museum of Natural.
The easiest way to visit Holland is by car and train. Sometimes the car is the fastest way, sometimes it is better to park at one off the surrounding Railway stations and travel by train. Don't bother to ask us! But coming by car to our place makes things a lot easier.